Brain Rules Chapter 4: Notetaking Challenge
Technology Comments:
Glogster was an interesting medium. The program acted as a user-friendly tool to convey information, allowing for the easy incorporation of fun graphics, videos, links, and more. However, it would be nice to have simple drawing, editing, or animation control over some of the graphics other than simply resizing and changing color. In my line of work and in school, I do not think this tool is practical. The space is limited and the overall presentation pushed the user towards flashy graphics that distract from actual information. It will take a conscious effort to convey meaning clearly while keeping and focusing the attention of the audience.
You might want to spend some time looking at Glogs people have produced. I think the flashy stuff is evident at first because of their target audience; however, with fine tuned control I think you can produce very sophisticated digital collages.
ReplyDelete